Sunday, December 12, 2010

WAITING FOR GOD

Psalm 40:1-5 = I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm to stand.
3He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear  and put their trust in the Lord.
4Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.
5Many, O. Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planed for us no one can recount to you; were I speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.

Title WAITING FOR GOD

It is easy to say, but it’s not easy to do when you are in the very situation that needs a quick response. But David received four benefits from waiting on God.
(1)   God lifted him out of his despair.
(2)   God set his feet on firm ground.
(3)   God steadied his walk and
(4)   God gave him new purpose.
Often blessings cannot be received unless we go through the trial of waiting.

Isaiah 30:18 = Yet the Lord still. Waits for you to come to him, so he can show his love; he will conquer you to bless you, just as he said. For the Lord is faithful to his promises. Blessed are all those who wait for him to help them.

Now do you believe in God? If you truly do, you will trustfully wait for his response to your cry. Because; Isaiah 40:31 = but those who wait or hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment