Sunday, January 2, 2011

My story with God

Christian Graphics

   I'm a musician at the age of 15 (1966) and    managing my own band (The Spoiled generation), and I also organized a gang (Ab LoVe) to be my protective fence. Having a loving parents though, I'm not contented...  why is it that I always wanted to die? All my friends envy me but I don't see it that way. There is something that is missing in my life. So I quit entertainment, my night life, my gang, almost even my family. I began to isolate my self. I go mountain climbing.. But still nothing change. One rest day at home, a man came and asked me to be his witness for the annulment of his marriage from the girl that I lived with for three years, so I'd testified, and he got the approval. After the annulment was granted he was so happy and said thank you mar I would like to return the favor if I may, I love to give you a gift that will never last. He ask me to come and listen to the two days sharing (teaching) about Jesus. So I came. The first day; it was boring; because I thought I already knew Jesus from my Christian school. But in the second day when they talk about the fall of man, I suddenly remember the day when this man ask me to make his wife to go back home with him, That I did not, because the girl doesn't love him anymore . Now I realize how hurts this man is during that time of longing and yet here he is so loving and so happy to share Jesus to every one including me. Then a flashes back from the past wrong I've made, to the people and to my family...Oh how fitly I am.. I cried so loud and ask the Lord to forgive me to all the wrong I've done. That day I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior. And all become beautiful to me, I see my life was shining bright. I never knew that I was delivered from all my vices. Weeds (marijuana), hashish, cocaine, acid pills, stimulants or depressants syrups, downers or upper tabs, even beer and alcohol drinks. Name it, I’ve done them all. That’s how musicians of the 60's-70's 80s are (flower people). But after that long and boring two days seminar, before it end, Jesus got me on my knees.. Oh, how kind and loving that Man is, this is the moment that I knew all the vices are no longer wanted, I begin to turn on to my new addiction, the Word of God. Yes the Bible!!. And all I wanted is to read and read the Bible all day long and all to me become new. My friends called me crazy. The next time I know, we are all crazy. They accepted my Jesus too . And the awesome works of God started in my life. It was a charismatic celebration of Pentecost 1985 when Jesus found me.

No comments:

Post a Comment